jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Friday, November 19, 2010

Hafizh ready to snatch lead from Fazli

KUALA LUMPUR: Hafizh Syahrin Abdullah is ready to snatch the CP130 overall lead from Ahmad Fazli Sham when the penultimate leg of the Petronas AAM Malaysian Cub Prix Championship revs off at the Sepang International Circuit (South) today.
After two days of testing, the 16-year-old Hafizh believes he is better prepared to turn turn the screws on Fazli.
Fazli leads with 136 points – eight more than Hafizh. Third is Norizman Ismail (Harian Metro SCK Honda Racing) with 121 points.
Hopeful Hafizh Syahrin Abdullah showing the V-sign.
Hafizh, of Petronas Sprinta Yamaha Raceline, has consistently clocked 1:21.800 – about a second off the Sepang South fastest lap record of 1:20.642 set by Fazli, of Shell Advance Yamaha Maju, in 2009.
“The two days of testing has left me feeling good about my chances although my lap time doesn’t match the fastest lap record time,” said Hafizh.
“It’s all down to the team mechanics. We will continue to strive for improvement this weekend.”
Hafizh said he was now confident of doing well “ as I am mentally and physically ready to face up to the challenge”.
“After the test session, I am more confident of notching my fourth chequered flag of the season and snatch the CP130 lead from Fazli,” said Hafizh, who is expecting a tough time at Sepang.
“I expect a lot of pressure from Fazli and Norizman.
“Not only are they both more experienced than me, they have also proven to be very fast on long courses,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment