jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Friday, April 15, 2011

ZAQHWAN WANTS TO CONTINUE TO IMPRESS


 
Mohd Zaqhwan Zaidi wants to continue to impress others with another outstanding performance in the second leg of the PETRONAS AAM Malaysian Cub Prix Championship that will be held at Stadium Batu Kawan, Penang on April 16 and 17.
 
The 16-year old rider who only started his racing career in Cub Prix last year rode a brilliant race that overshadowed veteran riders in the CP130 category at the opening leg in Kangar last month. Zaqhwan of Pachie Yuzy Honda Racing finished the race in third placing, behind PETRONAS Syntium Moto Yamaha AHM duo, second place, Mohd Zamri Baba and Round 1 winner, Mohd Ramdan Mohd Rosli.
 
Having secured his first ever career podium, Zaqhwan's confidence level went up a notch higher and he has all the intention to maintain the good start to the 2011 season. He said, "It was an incredible and amazing feeling for me to finish the race on the podium. I believe my entire team that worked flat out to prepare our machines is motivated as well. This is really a positive start for us and I want to keep the way things are going on now."
 
"As for the coming race at Batu Kawan, I dare to put my sight on the podium now. I personally find the track which consist of five left turns, two right corners and two 'S' turns not too technical and I am optimistic to produce another positive result. I am aware that my mechanics put in a lot of effort to work on the machine pace for the Batu Kawan track and I am not going to let them down,"added the Zaqhwan who had six rounds of experience racing in CP115 last year before moving to CP130 in the last four rounds.  
 
Asking him which riders have the potential to spoil his plan, he was quick to mention, "I foresee riders who won the Batu Kawan races before namely Norizman Ismail, Ramdan and Ahmad Fazli Sham will be my main contenders. However, I will not brush aside the challenges from experience riders like Ahmad Fuad Baharudin and Zamri too. Whatever the outcome may be, I hope I can give them a close battle."
 
His team manager, Shahrol Yuzy Ahmad Zaini is very proud of his riders' performance, both Zaqhwan and Mohd Amirul Musa. "I must admit that Zaqhwan's result has exceeded our team expectation as based on his qualifying position which was sixth on the grid, we were expecting for a top-5 finish but not a spot on the podium for the first round. Besides Zaqhwan, Amirul also put on a good outing to finish the race in seventh placing. With the combination of both Zaqhwan and Amirul, our team is currently second in the team standings with 25 points," said Yuzy.


Issued by Global PR Sdn Bhd
Copyright to Safe Aim Mutual Sdn Bhd

No comments:

Post a Comment