jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Sunday, April 24, 2011

FUAD MAKE WAY FOR JUNIOR RIDER



 
Despite still very-capable of bringing the heat, veteran rider, Ahmad Fuad Baharudin announced he will not be returning to the SuperSports 600cc grid in this season's PETRONAS Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) schedule to kick off at the Sepang International Circuit this weekend.
 
Fuad decided to quit his ARRC racing career in the order to make way for younger riders to move up to the next level. Fuad who had ten years of experience racing in the SuperSports 600cc category believes it’s the right time for him to retire from ARRC.
 
“I am not hanging up my racing boots just yet as I have the intention to continue racing in the SuperSports 600cc. I am only not racing in ARRC as I am well aware that there are plenty of young riders coming up and I hope my exit from ARRC will benefit those that have been selected to fill my empty spot,” said the 32-year old rider.
 
“Besides that, my previous teammates from PETRONAS Yamaha Malaysia, Mohd Zamri Baba and Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman are performing very well in the SuperSports 600cc category and they are no longer depending on me to guide them. Needless to say, I am proud of their achievement and I hope they will keep it up to do our nation proud. I have done my part to share my knowledge and experiences with Azlan and Zamri and I shall pass the baton down to them,” said Fuad who finished tenth overall last season while both Azlan and Zamri finished in third and fourth overall respectively.
 
Asking him on his SuperSports 600cc plans, he said, “I am now in the midst of discussion with Hong Leong Yamaha Motor Sdn Bhd to sponsor me to race in Malaysia Super Series (MSS). At the moment, nothing is confirmed yet but I hope it will be successful. Whatever, the outcome maybe, I will do whatever I can to continue to keep my passion burning to race in SuperSports 600cc.”
 
Fuad started his international racing career in 2000 by competing in the GP125 category and the following year, he participated in the SuperSports 600cc. His best achievement was in 2007 when he finished second overall, just 8 points behind Thai rider, Decha Kraisart while in 2008, he came in second overall again but this time around, it was Japanese, Toshiyuki Hamaguchi who took home the crown by only 13-point extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment