jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FIVE MINUTES WITH ROZALIMAN ZAKARIA


Mohd Rozaliman Zakaria maybe young but he has come a long way in the Cub Prix arena. Having started his career winning the Junior GP Racing Dream title in 2007, the Terengganu born rider moved up to the Wira category the following year (2008) and Novice in 2009 racing before setting up his own team last season. We find out more.

Setting up a team is no easy task. What motivated you to do so?
My passion for racing motivated me to establish ZAR Racing Motorsports. The motivation became stronger after a year riding under the same camp with Ahmad Fazli Sham, Ahmad Fazrul Sham and Abdul Muhaimin Roslan.

Who gave you support to set up ZAR Motorsports Racing?
The biggest support came from my family, friends, sponsors and former team manager Yong Ying Hoe. They encouraged me to set up a team even though I lack management skills and technical background as they believe I have what it takes.

What are the different challenges you face last season?
Communication was my biggest issue. At first I was afraid that I could not communicate with the team well enough because I'm still young and inexperience. Thankfully the crew are very professional even so they are new to the Cub Prix scene. We are able to work closely and exchange opinions on everything from bike setups to race strategies.

What are your hopes for the team as it moves into its second season in the Cub Prix Championship?
For sure better results. Like any other new team, we are still rough around the edges but finishing on the podium in three rounds last year is a clear indication we are capable of going further. If everyone works hard I'm sure we can get more podiums.

Any changes to the team this season?
Yes there will be some changes. From the management perspective, Aziz Sham Saihen will take up the role as team manager and several new mechanics will join us. In addition to that, I won't be riding solo this season as Wan Mohd Hadri Wan Mukhtar will join me on the CP115 grid. Originally from the Privateers class, Hadri proved he has talent as he managed to bag several podium finishes. I'm sure we can work very well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment