jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Monday, October 11, 2010

JORGE LORENZO WORLD CHAMPIONS motogp 2010

 Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo realises lifelong dream


Jorge Lorenzo realised a lifelong dream yesterday when he clinched a maiden MotoGP world title at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia.
Required only to finish ninth or higher in the 20-lap race, the Spaniard cruised to a comfortable third behind Italian duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo to seal the title with three races remaining.
The 23-year-old, who had previously won two world 250 titles in 2006 and ’07, won the title having claimed seven victories and 13 podiums in 15 races, He said: “This is a dream come true for me, I can't really believe it yet!
"This is something I have always wanted and something I've dreamed of my whole life, so it is the most incredible moment for me. It is difficult to find the words to thank everyone, I am just so happy, but I have to say thank you to Yamaha, my team and everyone who has made this happen.
"I started very well today, I didn't lose any positions but then Andrea and Valentino came past me and I wasn't riding as well as I could have, so I didn't want to push too much.
"Anyway I knew that winning the race wasn't the most important thing this time. I had to just put myself on autopilot and get the points I needed. Now we can relax and enjoy the last three races of the championship.”
Lorenzo has yet to decide whether or not he will ditch his famous number 99 and run the number one plate in 2011.
He said: “I don't know yet if I will use the number one next season. If I can think of a good design then yes, if not I stick with 99!”

No comments:

Post a Comment