jokisenja header

jokisenja header


Saturday, January 15, 2011

FIVE MINUTES WITH AFFENDI ROSLI


Mohd Affendi Rosli is no stranger in the PETRONAS AAM Malaysian Cub Prix paddock. As a matter of fact, he is often considered as one of the riders with vast amount of experience after being involved in the Championship since 2004. However, aside from his racing career, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to Affendi. 

Q: If you were'nt a rider, what would you be doing now?
A: Em, most likely, I'll be making money by working in the government sector. Before I started out racing, I was already working and I enjoyed it a lot. It's not as thrilling as Cub Prix but it's still exciting!

Q: Besides racing, what else do you enjoy doing?
A: Shopping! I love to shop! Especially shoes! I got 12 pairs altogether now and I'm thinking about adding on to the collection. I'm the type who would just buy without thinking about the price and I often get into trouble for that. My favourite spot to shop? Gong Bei in Zhuhai of course! I'd go crazy over there like how girls go crazy when their favourite shoe shop is on sale.

Q: Besides motorcycle racing, what other talents do you possess?
A: Honestly, I don't have that many talents, except for racing. I'm not so good in sports either. But if I had to point out a special ability, I got great detective skills. For instance, I can catch when a person is lying just by twisting and turning the questions. Also, I'm a good negotiator. 

Q: If you could be anything you want right now, what would you do?
A: The obvious would be to race in MotoGP! That is every rider's dream. However, realistically speaking, I wish to become a politician and help develop motorsports in Malaysia further. Just like squash, football and badminton, racing is a sport too and every rider is an athlete. We lack recognition from the government and I want to change this.

No comments:

Post a Comment